topics for discussion: BJP, Murali Manohar Joshi, Narendra Modi, Advani, Adani, Rahul Gandhi, Modism
ybrao a donkey's feelings
We should, first, appreciate the courage shown by Mr. Murali Manohar Joshi, amidst all-pervasive Modimania. I hope he will persevere with it.
This type of courage Mr. Advani couldn't show.
But it will be better to call the waves roaring today, as 'anti-congress waves', rather than Modi waves or BJP waves.
There is no wonder or speciality in BJP winning in Gujarat, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Chattisgadh and Delhi, because they were and are BJP ruled states even before the advent of Modism on the BJP's horizon.
We can prove that there is a BJP wave or a Modi wave, only when BJP secures victories in Non-BJP ruled States like Andhra Pradesh or Tamil Nadu.
In the mean time we can compare the publicity, marketing blitzkriez, paid-news we see in print and electronic media, only to the market promotion campaigns of film distributors.
Reasons for widespread anti-congress wave, are well-known:
1. anti-incumbancy factor.
2. sky-rocketing prices
3. hardships suffered by people owing to unilateral enforcement of Adhar scheme.
4. great scams and corruption.
5. displacement of farmers from their ancestral lands for setting up SEZs and parks.
6. suicide of farmers, as farming turned into an unviable high-risk commercial venture, resulting in debt and harassment from money-lenders.
7. suicide of small traders as small-scale trading could not compete with malls and super markets, bolstered by foreign investments and Chinese goods.
8. Conversion of education and health care into Corporate businesses, turning them inaccessible to common people.
9. Widespread unemployment both of unskilled labor and educated youth, as agriculture, agro-based industries and manufacturing sectors turned sick.
10. Excess emphasis on speculation in gold, shares, bonds, real estate, resulting in creation of nouveau-riche in the midst of deprivation and squalor.
Common man's dilemma is, whom to vote, to reflect their anger towards Congress? Though Mr. Modi is projected as a solution, his economic agenda does not differ from the economic agenda of Congress.
Example: Mr. Narendra Modi patronised the Adani Group. Congress too wanted to patronise the same Adani Group. When Rahul Gandhi pointed out Modi's fetish for Adani saying 'Advani out and Adani in', photos showing Adani and Vadhra discussing something, went viral on internet.
As far as crony Capitalism is concerned, no party can be immune in India, including AAP and Communists.
Mr. L.K. Advani's about turns
Feelings of ybrao a donkey
We should not forget that SrIvAru has retweated a tweat which compared Mr. Modi to a snake.
Now, how Mr. Advani takes an about-turn? Because Mr. Modi fell down on his feet?
What responsibilities does Shri Advani want to shoulder in Mr. Modi's regime? Does he want to be anointed as President of India? Then, he has to wait another four years. Will he be satisfied if Lok Sabha's speakership is offered?
Or does he wants restoration of his Dy. Prime Ministership, with charge of Home Ministry? This may not be possible, because it might have been reserved for Mr. Amit Shah.
The election canvassing work of Mr. Advani in his Gandhinagar constituency used to be, earlier entrusted to his daughter. This time, Shri Advani has entrusted it to his son. One question which occurs to my mind is, why didn't he entrust this work to a second string leader in Gandhinagar? Why always close relatives and family members? Probably, it involves handling of cash.
Probably, because Mr. Advani might have thought that time for him is going to be up by 2019 when he may not be given even a ticket at Gandhinagar, and that it would be better to pass on the mantle to son, as customary in Indian politics. Mr. Advani might have entrusted his son's future to the gloves of Mr. Modi. Second string leaders in India can never get a chance, unless they start manoeuvering for themselves a la Mr. Modi.